VFFCMH Employment Opportunity – Administrative Assistant
Provides a wide range of administrative and office support duties that are key to maintaining a functional and effective family run organization. The position reports to the Executive Director and provides support to other members of the staff as work allows. This position is the “face” of VFF that many folks will hear and see first. Must have family and disability sensitivity and knowledge. Personal, lived experience with disability preferred. Part Time flexible 24 hours per week. Includes paid sick time and holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
Serves as internal bookkeeper utilizing QuickBooks proficiently in partnership with our external bookkeepers to process agency vendor invoices, employee expense reports, employee payroll, prepare checks and deposits, accounts payable and receivable. (8 hours per week)
Acts as primary point of contact for answering phones and coordinating employee, client, or partner requests and questions. (8 hours per week) Retrieve mail from the post office and manage outgoing mail. Assist with administrative support for the Board of Directors, Executive Director and staff as workload allows. Maintain office supplies and order as necessary. Ensures the virtual phone, video and conference system is efficiently functional for the organization. (8 hours per week)
Needed Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings.
- Strong written communication, able to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—able to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Quality control—able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—can adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability—must be consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction, and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—must actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, and use equipment and materials properly. Must have physical strength to perform job duties.
- Current driver’s license
- Data system knowledge, experience, and skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and office machine skills
- Sedentary work (may involve sitting, standing, lifting up to 20 pounds, pushing, pulling, and walking). The type of work usually associated with office work.
- Visual acuity required is typical of clerical administrative work and computer operation.
- Keyboarding (operation of office equipment, other tools, etc.)
- Driving (required valid driver’s license, sufficiently insured vehicle in good repair)
Mental Capability Requirements:
- Performs complex and varied tasks requiring independent knowledge, its application to non-routine situations as well as the exercise of independent judgment.
- VFFCMH is a drug-free workplace. The demands of the job require drug-free and alcohol-free work performance.
- VFFCMH operations generally occur within a team approach environment. Ability to cooperate as a team member within the organization is essential.
- Background checks are mandatory and can determine eligibility for employment.